Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Arise, Sisters

OK, I put this one up because I really like the picture and the message. This has been an incredible year with republican legislators enacting bills and laws that are cutting off so many different support systems and rights for women and children. I seem to keep going back to Quindlen's essay on still needing the "F" word but it really is true. The matters she discussed pale in front of the cuts and law changes women are facing today. Luckily women are organizing, but there is a lot that needs to be done. But I think there may be an upside to this republican war against women. Women are becoming angry at the loss of hard fought for rights and benefits and are fighting back. I believe a whole generation that may have taken certain rights for granted now see the need to organize and commit to keep and extend those rights.

Have you seen the facebook site War Against Women? a lot of good info and pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Ugg. wrote a long response, but lost it. The crux of it is that I am worried about the far right and its power, but we might as well be optimistic and think the War on Women is moving women from the fence to a politicized position--at least this way we can sleep at night! (What frightens me is how FEW women are even aware of what's going on...)

    ReplyDelete